2016 action agenda UPDATE:
The Puget Sound Partnership and the EPA are working with local communities to support the actions and programs identified as high priority for the long-term health of local watersheds and Puget Sound. The EPA funded development of Ecosystem Recovery Plans and associated 2-year Implementation Plans for each of the region’s local collaborative groups, or Local Integrating Organizations (LIO). Proposals for 2016 Near Term Actions (NTAs) were developed as part of this planning effort and tie the local plans to the Puget Sound Action Agenda—the regional shared recovery plan.
2-YEAR IMPLEMENTATION PLANS
LIOs recently completed local 2-year Implementation Plans, which identify local ecosystem recovery actions that can be undertaken in the near term to address ecosystem recovery priorities. These plans contribute to the 2016 Puget Sound Action Agenda by describing how the local NTAs are helping to achieve regional progress on the Action Agenda’s 22 Vital Signs.
ECOSYSTEM RECOVERY PLANS
LIOs are also building local, long-term recovery strategies from which high-priority recovery actions can be developed over the next 5 to 6 years. These recovery plans will contribute to future Puget Sound Action Agenda updates and explain how LIOs are helping to advance Puget Sound recovery and make progress on the 22 Vital Signs.
The timeline for producingthe Ecosytem Recovery Plans and the 2-year Implementation Plans began in June 2015 and will continue through 2016.
- June to September 2015: LIOs began developing local Ecosystem Recovery Plans, selecting priority pressures and at least four to six Puget Sound Vital Signs on which to focus.
September deliverable: First Elements of the Ecosystem Recovery Plan
- September to December 2015: LIOs solicited, reviewed, and approved proposed Near Term Actions.
December deliverables: 2-year Implementation Plan and draft NTAs
- January to February 2016: Regional Strategic Initiative Transition Teams evaluated the proposed NTAs; LIOs worked with local NTA owners to revise NTAs, if needed.
February deliverable: Final NTAs
- March to September 2016. LIOs continue development of the comprehensive Ecosystem Recovery Plans.
- September deliverable: Draft Ecosystem Recovery Plan
Read more details about LIO planning:
- Templates and guidance documents to develop plans and NTAs
- Current LIO planning documents, including:
- LIO Profiles
- First Elements of 5-year Ecosystem Recovery Plans
- 2-year Implementation Plans