LINKING STRATEGIES AND ACTIONS
The goals of this study were to:
- Systematically document the recovery effort represented by the 2012 Action Agenda.
- Show how the recovery effort is linked to recovery goals.
- Evaluate how recovery effort contributes to progress toward the recovery goals.
The study is guided by the following questions:
- What did the Partnership plan to do and invest in for the 2012 Action Agenda?
- What did the Partnership actually do and invest?
- Did the planned actions and investments have any bearing on the progress in the Vital signs?
The scope of the study also includes:
- An exploration of how some factors affect NTA implementation
- A discussion of implications for planning, evaluation and adaptive management
- Recommendations for improvements to how the Partnership defines and evaluates recovery efforts.
Documenting and evaluating connections between effort and progress is intended to inform and strengthen regional adaptive management and the Partnership’s recovery planning.